Monday, March 2, 2009

CHAT WITH ZISHAN ANSARI

Hello friends , Today I am feeling very nostalgic as I have with me Zishan Ansari , my dear friend from N.I.T Durgapur .Its been a great time we spent together in college days specially during ragging period and now as interviewer I am talking to my dear friend who will share with us few precious moments he spent in N.I.T Durgapur and in I.I.M Banglore.

Zish : Mohammed Zishan Ansari
Me: Sandeep choudhary

Me : Hello Zish ,its my pleasure to chat with you on "Rendezvous with Sandeep".
Zish: "Hi !!! mine too"

Me: Please give ur brief introduction to our readers.
Zish :"Mohammed Zishan Ansari, is what my name on certificates, but my friends call me with numerous names. I did my schooling in a small town of Madhya Pradesh called Shahdol, and did my B. Tech from NIT Durgapur. Right now working as Consultant -Business Analytics, with a startup of IIM Bangalore named "Marketelligent".

Me: How do u relate ur current job with with your interest. ?
Zish : I always had one thing in mind that I will always try to work in the field which gives me plethora of opportunities to grow. And what better than a startup of IIM Bangalore, that too in the field of Business Analytics which was recently introduced into the country and was making waves all over the world.

ME: How does one feel , when you carry the tag of convener of National level tech fest of your college. How did you achieve that mark.?
Zish: This has done something to me which I will be talking about my entire life. My becoming the Convener was a unanimous decision amongst the Profs. and the seniors as well as the team of our batch. But frankly speaking this was never the reason to be proud of when in college, but the work, which we as a team did, certainly was. Having organized a fest of worth INR 2.0 Million is itself a big achievement for all of us.

Me: How did u manage your studies along with the important post you hold as convener of Aarohan(Tech fest of N.I.T Durgapur) ?
Zish : Studies were never a concern for me in college, except before exams, there were so many other things to do, so much of fun, which I simply couldn't resist. I tried hard to search for the subjects which really suits my interest, but alas! I could find none, although I did a few projects in IIT D and also went IIT K, IT-BHU for workshopa, but truly speaking, I was just doing them, and was not something I want to do my entire life. This all gave me ample time to work for CCA. We tried to do many new things, many new ideas were incorporated into the activities, as well as in aarohan some worked, some didn't.

Me: After fetching job in one of India’s best PSU’S , Why did u choose Marketelligent ?
Zish: As I said, my concern was to look for something which I can do my entire life. Although there was a lot of discussion involved between me, my parents and my friends. While i was in IIM B for my research project, I actually had to write a letter to my dad to convince him, to let me do this, as I dont want to join NTPC. Moreover the job I was offered was not tempting to me. Although the package was handsome, but never felt like working there. So I took a decision which was good for both me and NTPC. I know its a great firm, and is rated amongst the best places to work in India. But my inclination towards startup brought me here.

Me: Tell us about your stay in IIM Banglore and details of your work you did there during internship.?
Zish : It was great fun, awesome learning and my best moments I have spent learning in any Institute. I came in contact with people who are the real champions in life, the real brave people whom we call 'Entrepreneurs'. My work there was based on the problem of Non Performing Assets (NPA) in the Indian Banking Industry, the task was to create a predictive model, which can help the bank predict the NPA in the coming year depending on the previous years' key statistical parameters. you can get the insight of it by clicking here ---> Bankers' Nightmare

Me: What Tips you want to give to our readers regarding their campus placement preparation.?
Zish Don't do what the guy/girl next to your room is doing. Analyze where you stand and prepare accordingly, talk, discuss to as many seniors you want and then do what you think will be best for you. Preparation is a must, be prepared. People who say that they have achieved without preparing don't realize that their deeds in the past has prepared them for it. So if this is not the case with you sit down and prepare.

Me: Tell us about your responsibility and work in Marketelligent. ?
Zish: Work in a start-up has a very wide domain, from everything to everything. Right now I am on a project with the Business Intelligence Unit of ICICI Bank which is our first client. Apart from the assignments in the client site, we have the responsibility of learning and propagating the effect. Helping the team in doing researches before pitching and lobbying for new clients etc.. and most importantly, enjoying the work and adding fun element to it.

Me: Tell us something about challenges you faced in ur college life or corporate life How did u tackle it.?
Zish : Challenges in college life were very few. I feel, this world has lots of things for a person to challenge himself. The best part of college life is you have numerous people to share your problems, and even numerous people to solve it. This all prepares one for the corporate world outside. Well the ragging in our times college itself was very challenging, later on I also found attending Prof. AKD's classes very challenging....

Me: What is your mantra for.success ?
Zish : There is a very famous saying and is very true "Success is never ending, failure is never final". Success to me is learning from failures. Loosing sometimes is not bad, but being a loser is. So learn from your failures, and you will never be a loser. Well, I am still learning the art.

Me: : What else you want to share with our readers who are preparing to pursue their higher studies and want to do management. ?
Zish : Most important is to know your cards well, before you play them. Don't take decisions in a hurry, just because the people around you are taking them. Just be your self, find out what suits you, what you want to be in life, and give it a whole hearted try, people are always there to guide you and misguide you. Its your life, it has to be your decision.

Me: Any incidence of your college life you want to share with our readers.?
Zish : So many, wont be fair to mention one. But one thing I would like to tell them is what alumnus usually say "If you haven't been to a place like NIT D, you've missed something in life dear". Enjoy your stay there.

Me: What do u want to say about this initiative (about this blog)?
Zish: This is some great work going on. I hope students of the college leverage this. Hats of to you guys.

Me: Thanks a lot for giving ur precious time .
Zish: Its my extreme pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment